How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
How to lose those extra pounds—and YES—keep ‘em off
Getting the right nutrients, while cutting calories, can make or break your goals for weight loss, weight maintenance and overall health. While there are many products designed to help people control calories for weight management, the majority of these “diet products” don’t provide proper nutrition or quality protein to stave off muscle loss that often accompanies weight loss.
Proper snacking is also imperative in reaching your weight loss and weight maintenance goals. Eating between meals curbs your cravings, enabling you to make smart choices about your food intake. It’s easy to be tempted by high-calorie foods when you’re feeling overly hungry.
In addition to cutting calories (while still getting proper nutrition), and keeping on track with smart snacks, exercise is the third essential component of successful weight management. Let’s explore these three key facets of weight control…
Healthy Ways to Cut Calories
First, you want an easy way to get the nutrients your body needs, while cutting calories to lose weight. Meal-replacement shakes are an ideal choice. However, you want to make sure your meal-replacement shake has the right kind and quantity of protein, as well as provides essential nutrients for safe weight loss and maintenance. With 23 grams of whey protein (the highest quality protein) and active enzymes for easy digestion, IsaLean® Shake is a complete meal replacement that delivers optimal nutrition. When evaluating your meal replacement shake, consider these important components:
Five “must-haves” for your meal replacement shake
1. It works. Whether you’re aiming for weight loss and/or maintaining your ideal weight, you want a product with a proven track record. Does the product deliver long-term weight loss results? This is likely the most important question you need to ask. After all, your dedication to your weight loss and overall health deserves real results. Founded in 2002, Isagenix takes great pride delivering long-term weight-loss results. More than 5.4 million pounds and 6.5 million inches have been lost by people using Isagenix products. The primary pillar of Isagenix weight loss protocol is IsaLean Shake—our best-selling product.
2. Third-party scientific evidence. Referencing clinical studies is another excellent measure of a product’s efficacy. Did you know that in a university study IsaLean Shake surpassed other protein shakes for weight loss results? In this controlled experiment, two IsaLean Shakes replaced two meals each day for seven days. Participants experienced a greater percentage of weight loss when compared to results obtained from other protein shakes on the market.
3. It’s a full-meal replacement shake, not a snack shake. When you cut calories to lose weight, it’s essential to get proper nutrition to prevent muscle loss, as well as achieve optimal health. You’ll want to be wary of “snack shakes” on the market lacking adequate nutrients and offering inferior protein. Whey protein (the protein in IsaLean Shake) is superior to other proteins (including soy protein) in staving off muscle loss that often accompanies weight loss. It’s important to get the correct amount of protein, too. IsaLean Shake has 23 grams. (To trigger a protein synthesis response for supporting muscle, you need at least 20 grams.)
A protein synthesis response is also dependent upon amounts of balanced-chain amino acids that are highest in whey protein. Getting the right vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy fats, is also critical in preventing muscle degeneration that often occurs with weight reduction. Make sure you’re getting sufficient calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B12 and vitamin D in your shake. While low in saturated fat, IsaLean Shake is high in healthy poly- and mono-unsaturated fats. Moreover, the enzymes in IsaLean Shake help break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
4. Nothing artificial. Be sure to check the ingredient list on any product you consume for additives and artificial ingredients; you don’t want to find any artificial flavors or sucralose. IsaLean Shake is all natural—with no additives—containing whey protein produced in New Zealand from cows never treated with hormones or antibiotics. This high-quality whey protein exceeds USDA organic standards and is guided through fine filters under low heat to separate whey from other diary components including fats and lactose.
Also, be wary of products that haven’t been evaluated for contamination with pollutants and heavy metals such as mercury. Isagenix Quality Assurance Department inspects all ingredients to test potency, amino acid profile, as well as presence of microbial, pesticides and heavy metals.
5. Superior value. While IsaLean Shake retails at around $3.64 per meal, its cost is $2.78 at the Associate and Preferred Customer Price. As a full-meal replacement, this saves you money on groceries each time you replace a meal with your meal-replacement shake.
Swap Sinful Snacks for Delicious Smart Snacks
When in-between meal hunger hits, it’s important to make healthy and low-calorie food choices. Sticking with your weight management plan is especially challenging during a mid-afternoon slump, which can easily direct your will power south. Instead of reaching for that “cheat,” those sugar-laden snacks, enjoy a piece of fresh fruit or our recently launched Peanut Chocolate Chew FiberSnacks!™, a guilt-free, fiber-packed snack that’s yummy and gluten-free. At only 150 calories, it delivers 24% of your recommended daily intake of fiber. IsaDelight Plus™ is another delicious low-calorie snack that curbs cravings— a creamy dark chocolate treat that boosts energy, helps burn fat, and improves mood.